|Choosing a Lawyer|
Choosing the right lawyer for you and your case is complex and important. Below are some things you should consider in making this choice.
1. Investigate the background and experience of any lawyer you are considering, BEFORE you meet with the lawyer.
2. Always check the State Bar of Arizona’s web site to see if the lawyer:
* is licensed in Arizona;
* has been disciplined by the Bar;
* has extensive experience and expertise in the area of law in which you need representation.
2. If you know any lawyers, ask them for recommendations. Members of the profession usually know who will provide the best representation, and, if not, will probably be able to obtain recommendations from reliable lawyers.
3. Look for lawyers and law firms with an AV rating from Martindale-Hubble. This longstanding legal rating service rates lawyers throughout the United States. The AV rating is the top rating for competence, experience, and ethics.
4. Look for lawyers who have extensive trial experience if you are seeking help in a criminal, civil, or family law matter. Lawyers who know their way around a courtroom will be able to better advise you, how your case might turn out if tried, and, because they are comfortable doing trials, will not be reluctant to take a case to trial if settlement is not possible.
5. Meet with each lawyer you are considering. Pick a lawyer you can trust and with whom you feel comfortable. The only reason to retain a lawyer is to obtain their advice and benefit from their experience on how to best handle your case. If you do not trust the lawyer, chances are, you will not follow their advice. You should retain a lawyer whose advice you can trust. Otherwise you are wasting your money and jeopardizing your case.
6. Finally, make sure you fully understand the fee agreement, whether there are any fees or extra costs. The State Bar of Arizona requires such an agreement, so be sure that the lawyer puts everything about your fee agreement in writing. Review the written agreement carefully and ask questions if you do not understand the terms.
So what do these important considerations have to do with retaining Ralph E. Ellinwood Attorney at Law PLLC?
Ralph E. Ellinwood is AV rated by Martingale-Hubble. He is in good standing with the State Bar of Arizona and have extensive trial experience. Mr. Ellinwood will establish a one-on-one relationship with you and handle your case with personal care. You can be assured that Ralph will provide competent advice and professional service in a welcoming atmosphere.